Thursday, March 22, 2012
A Marine Wife
1. How did you and your spouse meet?
Jusin and I met at Kmart. Yes, that is right - I said Kmart. I got a part time job there when I moved to Utah. Justin got a job there when he got home from his LDS mission
2. How old were you when you two met?
I was 19. He was 21.
3. How long have you been together?
Dated for 1 ½ years. Will be married for 8 years in May!
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from?
Both from California, but we met in Utah
5. How did you feel about him joining the military?
Oh man, I thought it was pulling my leg at first. But I quickly figured out that he was being quite serious. After a lot of talking and prayer we mutually decided that this was a journey that we needed to take.
6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training?
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?
Twice! First time to Iraq, second time to Afghanistan
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony?
No, every time he picked up a rank it was during drill and his unit didn’t really make a big stink about anything noteworthy.
9. How long have you been a military wife?
Since November 2005
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined?
Yes, we were married one year before he joined.
11. How did your husband propose?
The joke story is that he proposed me a few days after I met him. I will get into that another day. It’s pretty embarrassing.
The real story. After a year we decided to get married. We were at the Macaroni Grill playing hang man on the paper table cloth. It ended up spelling will you marry me?
12. Where did you get married?
We got married in the LA Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints
13. How old were you two when you got married?
I was 21 he was 23
14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day?
Nope he wasn’t in at the that….it would be pretty weird if he had one J
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed?
We are now in his in-active time but my husband reported to duty at Camp Williams, UT
16. Do you live on base?
I don’ think anyone lives on that base.
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation?
One year. He went to Boot for 3 months the SOI for 2 months
18. What is your favorite base so far?
Well, I think it is a toss up between Camp Pendleton, CA and Camp LeJuene, NC
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform?
Mmmmm. Very sexy. What girl doesn’t like a man in uniform.
20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life?
I don’t know that advanced is the right word. It’s more strict and annoying some times
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent?
Oh yeah, health benefits were great, and I loved asking for discounts.
I I miss those benefits.
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
No. I knew a bunch. But I called very of them friends.
23. What is the hardest part of the military life?
24. Do you own military wife stuff?
A sweatshirt and a T-Shirt. I get comments every time I wear them.
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military?
Oh yes! He would have never joined if we didn’t both agree on it.